Wednesday, March 3, 2010

NOT ALL ARTISTS ARE STARVING event

Last night was the networking night for the Art department. I had a great time an really enjoyed listening to everything the artists had to say. I felt the setting was very nice and I enjoyed the set of questions asked. I enjoyed the variety of artists. I picked up on some important information directly from the experienced artists! I truly felt this was a very important event. Now I feel have a better understanding for what lies ahead of me and how to deal with it.
I really felt the message they were sending was,
  • take every opportunity and you will gain so many different experiences from that one step.
  • Believe in yourself,
  • take on challenges.
  • Record all artworks, Projects, exhibitions.
  • You are in charge of YOU!
I was especially inspired by Amy Dresser. I love her artwork. ALSO She is from Maine! That is where i am from! Its always great to hear about someone from your home state make it big! Seeing her and how happy she doing what she loves, it really gave me hope for myself nd confidence that I have a great opportunity ahead of me and I have to be ready to take on the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment